Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine is looking for an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manger to provide executive level support to H3 Leadership Team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the administrative needs of executives to ensure their time is effectively allocated and that meetings and events are adequately prepared for in advance.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of executive administrative experience, proven organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills, as well as experience working with senior executives. Experience within the healthcare industry is preferred but is not a requirement.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesAdministrative Support:
- Manages executive calendars, meeting schedules, travel arrangements, expense reports, and other administrative duties daily.
- Proactively anticipates the administrative support needs of executive team members.
- Coordinates internal meetings and external engagements with a high level of tact and personalized service.
- Develops and organizes support materials for meetings and conferences. (e.g. presentation slides, excel files, reports, etc.)
- Collaborates and coordinates with internal team members to create an extraordinary employee and visitor experience at H3 Biomedicine.
- Demonstrates a high degree of independence when performing special projects that require discretion, practical judgment, technical know-how, and an extremely high sense of detail.
- Understands the H3 Biomedicine business structure and priorities and executes role based on context awareness and a priority hierarchy that you help set and drive. That means anticipating needs before they’re surfaced while balancing the core tasks of the role: managing appointments, screening e-mail, arranging travel, creating and maintaining organizational systems, and managing expenses
- Solicits information from the leadership team, project teams and employee population as needed. Anticipates questions and organizes priorities. Proactive in all areas of work.
- Assist with the organizing and compiling of data. Ensures accuracy of data sources and researches questions and problems.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of company operations and policies and procedures on a daily basis.
- Ensures that back-up administrative support to other departments is in place, as necessary.
- Handling and crafting internal and external correspondence with appropriate tone and delivery.
- Partner with executive leadership and Human Resources to maintain office policies.
- Develop, organize, maintain and educate team members on office operations and procedures.
- Coordinate with HR, IT in onboarding requirements for office equipment and maintenance.
- Act as subject matter expert for acquisition of office supplies, general (internal) office maintenance.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Support Operations and Planning management in office improvement projects.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution pf equipment procurement, office layouts and other office systems.
- Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and monitor and develop performance
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events. Take a leadership role in employee culture and engagement activities
- Develop standards and promote activities that enhance operational procedures
- Support Operations leadership in maintaining a social media presence for H3, and coordinate internal communication and messaging through newsletters and digital media sources
- Design and implement appropriate filing systems and ensure they are well maintained and current
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment for all employees
- Bachelors Degree preferred or commensurate experience in an administrative role required
- 7+ years of Executive Assistant experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Collaborative work style; Ability to work well in a team environment
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with within G-Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Maintain a strong work ethic
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.