Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
Lead Discovery: Cellular Assay Development & Compound Screening
H3 Biomedicine has an exciting opportunity in Lead Discovery to discover the next generation of cancer therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with a passion for drug discovery and a keen interest in cancer biology. We value creative and inquisitive scientists who can pinpoint the most meaningful questions and development the most meaningful assays (biochemical/cellular) for our drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will have a strong track record for independently developing and running biochemical and/or cellular assays. The candidate will be experienced adapting these assays to automation for high throughput screening and will demonstrate strong analytical thinking skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assay development for biochemical assays
- Assay development for cellular reporter and/or viability assays
- Cellular qPCR assay development
- Cellular degradation assays such as AlphaLISA / NanoBiT / HiBiT
- Adapt cellular assays to automation for highest quality and reproducibility
- Analyze data (spotfire / D360 / etc) and present key findings and/or trends to project teams
- Stable cell line generation (lentivirus, CRISPR engineering) a plus
- High content imaging assay development a plus
- MS/PhD with 10+ years biotech/pharma industry laboratory research experience
- Ability to troubleshoot independently or with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- Detail oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to persevere through challenging problems.
- Clear communication.
- Works independently.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.