Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic compound screening and biochemical assay development specialist. This consummate team plater will support the Lead Discovery group with production of high quality compound profiling data to support drug discovery programs across H3 Biomedicine’s diverse pipeline. The ideal candidate should have proven bench level expertise running biochemical compound screening assays in a high throughput format as well as some experience developing high quality enzymatic and/or binding assays.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce the highest quality compound profiling data on a weekly basis to support medicinal chemistry efforts across H3’s pipeline using previously established assays
- Develop robust enzymatic and/or binding assays and subsequently adapt these assays for high throughput compound screening
- BS/MS with 7+ years or PhD with 2-5 years biotech/pharma industry laboratory research experience
- Experience working with TR-FRET, FP, luminescent and fluorescent assay technologies
- Experience running compound profiling assays in plate based, high throughput formats
- Hands on experience working with liquid handling instrumentation
- Experience working with basic curve fitting programs
- Ability to troubleshoot common assay development problems independently or with minimal guidance is a plus
- Experience with various biophysical techniques (SPR, ITC, DSF, MST) is a plus
- Experience with protein production and purification is a plus
- Team player
- Eagerness to learn new things
- Excellent record keeping
- Positive attitude
- Ability to persevere through challenging problems
- Clear communication
- Works independently or with minimal supervision.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.