Location: Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (https://www.h3Biomedicine.com/) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine has built a strong data science team with varied scientific background, skillset and responsibilities, spanning data analytics, cancer genomics, bioinformatics, scientific data management and integration to high performance computing. The team has been fully integrated in our research and development organization as a core strength.
We are seeking a highly motivated computational biologist with leading expertise and diverse backgrounds to join our data science and bioinformatics team. The ideal candidate should have solid scientific, computational and statistic training, and is delivery oriented with a focus on real world impact. The candidate should also be a quick learner, extremely flexible and able to adapt to needs and new scientific advancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the team effort in computational NGS analysis (RNAseq, DNAseq, single cell sequencing), including identifying fit-for-purpose tools and pipelines, implementing or/and working with vendors to streamline the workflow in suitable computing environment
- Lead the team effort to identify and bring in new computatinoal capabilities to advance data driven drug discovery and development
- Contribute to the identification and validation of novel cancer targets leveraging public and proprietary cancer genomics and genetics data, and work closely with target validation teams.
- Represent data science discipline in drug discovery project team to provide broad range of support and ensure best use of all relevant data impacting project decisions; Summarize and present scientific results with clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of innovative data management / integration and information intelligence solutions:
- Act as bridge between end users and developers to clarify and define system requirement.
- Provide bioinformatics support to ensure data quality and usability.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art bioinformatics and cancer genomics methods.
- Proactively communicate to supervisor and key stakeholders of activities and status.
- Generate patent, technical documents, external publications and presentation.
- Work with external vendors to achieve business goals.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ph.D in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or related field, 5+ years of working experience in biopharma industry in the area of oncology or oncogenomics preferred
- Expertise in computational tools and pipelines for data analysis including but not limited to:
- NGS data, including RNAseq, WES and WGS, single cell sequencing
- Diverse types of omics data such as genomic alterations, transcriptome profiling, copy number profiling, as well as data from various proteomics platforms
- Data from large scale loss / gain of function screening experiments
- Background in deep learning and AI a plus
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis principles and expert user of the statistical data analysis tools / packages, such as R/bioconductor, python, matlab, or equivalent
- Strong computational and engineering skills including database and software development training / experience, ability to independently manipulate large datasets in Unix/Linux environment; experience with AWS preferred
- Must be a quick learner with strong curiosity, and stay at forefront of technologies in the area of computational biology and genomics
- Proficiency in common cancer genomics / bioinformatics databases and tools
- Ability to understand real world problems thoroughly and propose fit-for-purpose solutions to the right question; ability to independently design and perform diverse bioinformatics tasks to answer questions impactful for projects
- Experience with data visualization as an effective way of presenting and communicating results
- Experience and training in the area of machine learning
- Must be a team player and willing to help and ask for help; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of interacting with bench scientists effectively.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé