Location: Cambridge MA
Job Code: SAE051520
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Automation Engineer in the Lead Discovery Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that laboratory automation and support activities advance our research goals. They will collaborate in a matrixed environment with colleagues in Biology, Chemistry, Discovery Informatics, and Lead Discovery to analyze current laboratory practices and identify opportunities where work can be performed in a more efficient and consistent manner through automation. This role will empower our H3 scientists and teams with the highest quality automation solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, test and validate new automation systems, and adapt existing automation systems to ensure they meet scientific needs and user requirements. Solutions must be implemented in a fast-paced environment with frequent communication to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure data transfer to data capture and analysis platforms are enabled from automation systems. Liaise with Data Science/IT, operations group and external vendors to ensure appropriate databases and building infrastructure are aligned to support automation and laboratory instrumentation.
- Mentor and train others on the use of laboratory automation systems. Engage with scientists to adapt assays for automation. Patience is a virtue.
- Provide hands on guidance to scientists encountering technical issues and provide comprehensive training and documentation to empower scientists to use equipment independently and confidently.
- Recommend unexplored and emerging areas for building capabilities and driving innovation.
- Assist with capital equipment requests.
- Partner with external vendors to ensure appropriate service contracts and relationships are implemented and maintained for laboratory automation and supports services
- Champion collaborative and innovative automation solutions with vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years hands-on experience implementing automation solutions in drug discovery or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented with high standards for self and team
- Versatile, eager to learn, and engineering mindset with commitment to solutions
- Advanced programming skills for Hamilton Star, Tecan Evo, C#, Pipeline Pilot
- Experience with equipment such as readers (Envision, BMG, Tecan), dispensers (Combi, Microfill), pipettors (Matrix 2x3, Bravo), nanoliter dispensers (ATS100, Echo, Hummingbird)
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé