Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated PhD scientist to join a team of scientists working towards discovery of unique anti-cancer agents for the treatment of targeted patient populations. The candidate will be a highly creative cancer biologist with a strong desire to succeed at the highest level. This individual will lead drug discovery projects in a team environment and direct the activities of research associates under their supervision.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesDesign, execute and interpret cell based and in vivo pharmacology experiments to optimize compound selection and explore therapeutic potential of drug targets. Lead drug discovery biology efforts for selection of lead candidate molecules and transition into clinical development. Design and develop cell and molecular assays to define mechanism of action for oncology therapies. Identify pharmacodynamic assays for utility in pre-clinical and clinical setting; define PK/PD/efficacy relationships and test patient selection strategies. Utilize literature and internal genomics data sets to design and test hypotheses for drug targets. Present and report research findings at internal meetings and external scientific conferences. Manage and direct the activities of a group of research associates
- Ph.D in cell/molecular biology, pharmacology or genetics with 3-5 years industry experience in oncology drug discovery/translational research
- Strong background in Cancer Biology, experience with antibody-based therapies desired
- Experience with state of the art molecular biology methods and assays essential to drive drug discovery projects
- Experience using in vivo oncology models for drug discovery and translational research
- Proven track record of striving for high level innovation and scientific excellence
- Excellent management, training and education skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of empowering world class science and energizing teams
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé