Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with four clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated scientist to join a team of scientists working towards discovery of unique anti-cancer agents for the treatment of targeted patient populations. The candidate will be a highly creative cancer biologist with a strong desire to succeed. This individual will support target discovery/validation efforts and drug discovery projects in a team environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, execute and interpret cell-based experiments and optimize compound selection and explore therapeutic potential of drug targets.
- Contribute to drug discovery biology efforts for selection of lead candidate molecules and transition into clinical development.
- Design and develop cell and molecular assays to define mechanism of action for oncology therapies.
- Identify pharmacodynamic assays for utility in pre-clinical and clinical setting; define PK/PD/efficacy relationships and test patient selection strategies.
- Utilize literature and internal genomics data sets to design and test hypotheses for drug targets.
- Present and report research findings at internal meetings.
- Coordinate activities with a group of research associates.
- 3+ years industry experience in oncology drug discovery/translational research
- Strong background in Cancer Biology
- Experience with state of the art molecular biology methods and assays essential to drive drug discovery projects. A background in image-based assays is preferable
- Experience using in vivo oncology models for drug discovery and translational research
- Proven track record of striving for high level innovation and scientific excellence
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.