Location: Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform. H3B is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic protein biochemist to support the Lead Discovery group with the production of high quality protein preps for use in biochemical assays and structural biology efforts. The ideal candidate should have proven bench level expertise in protein expression and purification in an academic or industrial setting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Express proteins in E coli, insect cells, and/or mammalian cells using standard techniques.
- Purify proteins using affinity tags, size exclusion and/or ion exchange chromatography using AKTA FPLC systems.
- Characterize purified proteins by standard gel electrophoresis and western blot.
- BS, MS or PhD with 0-5 years biotech/pharma laboratory research experience
- Expertise with E.coli, insect cell (baculovirus) and/or mammalian (HEK293) expression systems
- Hands on experience with AKTA FPLC and standard gel electrophoresis techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot common protein expression and purification problems independently or with minimal guidance
- Stable cell line generation a plus
- Experience running biochemical assays a plus
- Team player.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to persevere through challenging problems.
- Clear communication.
- Work independently.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé