Location: Cambridge MA
Job Code: SCIASY-022020
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Cellular Biochemist to support the Lead Discovery group in developing and running routine assays to support medicinal chemistry with robust data. The ideal candidate should have proven bench level expertise in assay development and screening in an academic or industrial setting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assay development and weekly running of cellular reporter assays.
- Running and data analysis of routine viability assays.
- qPCR assay development and compound profiling.
- Cellular degradation assays such as AlphaLISA / NanoBiT / HiBiT.
- Maintenance of Mammalian cell lines.
- High content imaging assay development a plus.
- Stable cell line generation a plus.
- Prior experience with Automation a plus.
- MS or PhD with 1-5 years academic/biotech/pharma laboratory research experience
- Hands on experience with cellular assay development
- Familiarity with various laboratory and automation equipment such as Envision, Cytation, Combi, Microfill, VIIA7, and CFX384
- Experience with data analysis tools (LIMS, curve-fitting, or SpotFire)
- Ability to troubleshoot common problems with minimal guidance
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.