Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Research Investigator/Senior Investigator for the Lineage Biology and Oncometabolism Group at H3 Biomedicine. The individual will be energetic, self-motivated with a desire to succeed at the highest level, joining a team of scientists aiming to discover cancer therapeutic targets and develop targeted anti-cancer compounds for patients. The individual will interact with other team members to design and execute molecular and cell biology experiments aimed at identification and validation of novel molecular targets, elucidation of the underlying molecular mechanisms based on the understanding of genomic backgrounds that represent susceptible cancer patient populations. As part of the team, the candidate will have significant responsibility to drive success of their own project with opportunities to acquire new skills in an innovative and fast-paced environment. The position offers the opportunity to take part in the rapid translation of pre-clinical work to application of compounds in the clinical setting.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesCandidate will work with other members of the biology, bioinformatics and chemistry groups on multiple projects in our oncology pipeline. This includes discovery of novel therapeutic targets, understanding underlying molecular/pathway mechanisms, and elucidate MoAs of our clinical compounds with a focus on validation of new targets by multiple methods. The candidate should be able to use his/her strong skills in molecular techniques and familiarity with the latest molecular technologies to build a strong platform in these areas. The ability to work collaboratively with other members of the biology team as well as members of the bioinformatics, chemistry, and molecular pathology groups will be a key ingredient for the success of this position.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Cancer Biology, preferably with a proven track record in Target identification and validation.
- Experience with molecular and cellular biology assays including molecular cloning, maintenance of mammalian cell cultures, growth/survival and other cellular behavior assays, DNA/RNA/protein detection assays (qPCR/WB/ICH)
- Experience with functional screens using siRNA and pooled shRNA/CRIPSR libraries
- Experience working with large-scale structural and functional genomic datasets to identify and prioritize targets.
- Hands-on expertise with state of the art validation methods including cell line engineering using lentiviral approaches and CRISPR KO
- Broad knowledge of different vector systems including inducible systems for use in vitro and in vivo
- Experience working in a drug discovery environment is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé