Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Code: 15-RA-0806
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are seeking a Research Associate/Sr Research Associate for the Drug Discovery Biology Group at H3 Biomedicine. The individual will be energetic, self-motivated with a desire to succeed at the highest level joining a team of scientists aiming to develop unique anti-cancer compounds for targeted patient populations. The individual will interact with other team members to design and execute molecular and cell biology experiments aimed at defining the mechanism of action of compounds in appropriate genomic backgrounds that represent susceptible patient populations. Significant cross-functional collaboration with a talented and dedicated group of scientists will ensure a diverse exposure to drug discovery activities. As part of the team the candidate will have significant responsibility to drive success of their own project with opportunities to acquire new skills in an innovative and fast-paced environment. The position offers the opportunity to take part in the rapid translation of pre-clinical work to application of compounds in the clinical setting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing in vitro and in vivo studies relevant to oncology drug development
- Develop and execute cell biology, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy, pharmacodynamics, toxicity, and mechanisms of action of drug candidates
- Work closely with the chemistry and preclinical groups, external collaborators, and contract research organizations (CROs) to design and execute in vivo studies
- Undertake mechanism of action studies using cancer cell models from cell line and primary tumor tissues for drug discovery, translational research and evaluate patient selection hypotheses
- Maintenance of laboratory records, procedures and summaries of data
- Perform laboratory experiments and report data and suggest future work to management and project teams
- BS/MS or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years of industrial laboratory experience;
- Proven ability to work independently and design experiments, trouble shoot, interpret and report data back to teams
- Experience with viability assay, ELISA, FACS, protein analysis (WB), DNA/RNA analysis (PCR/qRT-PCR)
- In vivo pharmacology experience is a plus. Or willing to learn in vivo pharmacology techniques in oncology area, such as xenograft model development, MTD, PK/PD, and efficacy studies
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical;
- Collaborative and proactive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé