Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Research Associate/Sr Research Associate for the Discovery and Translational Oncogenomics department at H3 Biomedicine. The individual will be energetic and self-motivated with a desire to succeed at the highest level, joining a team of scientists aiming to develop unique anti-cancer compounds for targeted patient populations. The individual will interact with other team members to design and execute molecular and cell biology experiments aimed at defining the mechanism of action of compounds in appropriate genomic backgrounds that represent susceptible patient populations. Significant cross-functional collaboration with a talented and dedicated group of scientists including biochemists, cell biologists, bioinformaticians and chemists will ensure a diverse exposure to the target and drug discovery process. As part of the team the candidate will have significant responsibility to drive success of their own project with opportunities to acquire new skills in an innovative and fast-paced environment. The position offers the opportunity to take part in the rapid translation of pre-clinical work to application of compounds in the clinical setting.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesDeveloping, optimizing and performing cell based assays to characterize the mechanism of action of anti-cancer compounds Characterization of cancer cell models from cell line and primary tumor tissues to be used in drug discovery and development efforts Maintenance of laboratory records, procedures and summaries of data Perform laboratory experiments and report data and suggest future work to management and project teams Develop and execute animal studies. If not experienced in animal handling, willingness to learn and get experienced with animal work will be required
- BS/MS or equivalent; 2-3+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience
- Proven ability to work independently and design experiments, troubleshoot, interpret and report data back to teams
- Experience with cell and molecular biology assays including maintenance of mammalian cell cultures, growth and survival assays, immunoassays, si/shRNA techniques
- Experience with subcutaneous xenograft models grown in immuncompromised mice and with testing small molecules in PK/PD studies and evaluation of anti-tumor activity in efficacy studies desired
- Familiarity with medium and high-throughput cell based assays
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical
- Collaborative and proactive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé