Location: Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist to join the Biomarker and Companion Diagnostics Group. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing biomarker assays to support H3 clinical studies. Excellent communication skills and organization will be required as this position interacts with external vendors, clinical biomarker operations, translational biologists and data scientists. In the innovative and fast-paced environment at H3, this position offers the opportunity to acquire new skills and gain broad exposure on new technologies, cancer biomarker discovery, clinical trials and clinical biomarker testing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing a variety biomarker assays, primarily focusing on molecular and genomic-based assays.
- Routine testing of samples for both clinical trials and pre-clinical samples.
- Analysis of biomarker data and presenting to internal project teams
- Drafting and maintenance of laboratory records, protocols, summaries, and technical reports
- Contribution to laboratory organization and maintenance
- Contribution to clinical sample related sample and data logistics
- BS/MS with 3-5 years of laboratory experience or equivalent
- Experience in drug discovery, clinical sample testing and clinical trials, especially in oncology is desirable
- Ability to perform nucleic acid extractions from FFPE blocks and fresh frozen tissues
- Laboratory experience with molecular and genomic based sample processing and technologies such as Nanosting, RT-PCR/digital PCR and NGS is highly preferred
- Experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD platform is a plus.
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical
- Familiarity with keeping an electronic notebook is preferred.
- Collaborative and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competency in Spotfire, Prism or similar tools is preferred.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé