Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine leverages the external and internal cumulative investment in cancer genomics to identify therapeutic targets and biomarkers based on genetic aberrations identified in patient samples. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Research Associate to join the Discovery and Translational Oncogenomics (DTO) group to support the discovery of target engagement and response biomarkers.
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to: processing of cell, tissue and serum samples from preclinical studies and assessment of candidate biomarker modulation by quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR), immunoblot and ELISA techniques. Excellent communication skills and organization will be required in this position. The ability to clearly present data at project team meetings is desired, but not required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Isolation of total RNA and protein from xenografted tumor fragments/cell pellets
- Assess expression and modulation of candidate biomarker genes by qRT-PCR and immunoblot techniques
- Analysis of circulating biomarkers in mouse sera by ELISA
- 80-85% lab work, 15-20% data analysis and record-keeping
- BS/MS with 5+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience is strictly required; (PhD/MD not being considered)
- Significant laboratory experience/technical expertise in RNA isolation/quantification, protein lysate preparation, qRT-PCR and Western blotting is required
- Ability to independently execute tasks and process data is required
- Exquisite attention to detail and strong ability to focus are required
- Significant experience in mammalian tissue culture (tumor cell lines) a strong plus
- Industry experience, especially in oncology drug discovery, is desirable
- Prior experience with flow cytometry and ELISA is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with keeping an electronic notebook is preferred
- Competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Prior experience with Graphpad Prism software is a plus
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.