Location: Cambridge, MA
H3 Biomedicine leverages the external and internal cumulative investment in cancer genomics to identify therapeutic targets and biomarkers based on genetic aberrations identified in patient samples. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate to join the Biomarker and Companion Diagnostics Group, which is responsible for translating preclinical biomarkers into clinical trials.
Primary responsibilities will be developing and implementing molecular biomarker assays for clinical trial specimens. Excellent communication skills and organization will be required as this position interacts with external vendors, clinical biomarker operations, translational biologists and data scientists. In the innovative and fast-paced environment at H3, this position offers the opportunity to acquire new skills and gain broad exposure to new technologies, cancer biomarker discovery, clinical trials and clinical biomarker testing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing a variety of biomarker assays, primarily focusing on molecular and genomic-based assays, with some portion of protein based assays.
- Routine testing of clinical samples utilizing molecular technologies including but not limited to qPCR, Nanostring, ddPCR and NGS for both early phase clinical trials and pre-clinical samples
- Ability to perform nucleic acid extractions from FFPE blocks and fresh frozen tissues
- Comfortable with analyzing biomarker data and presenting to project teams
- Maintenance of laboratory records, protocols, summaries, and technical reports
- Contribution to laboratory organization and maintenance
- Interaction with CROs for overseeing out-sourced projects
- Contribution to clinical sample related sample and data logistics which includes:
- Having a clear understanding of the biomarker sample management plan
- Working with clinical operations to ensure samples are collected and shipped from clinical sites
- Updating internal biomarker LIMS and database with new sample listings and data
- 70% lab work, 30% biomarker operations
- BS/MS with 3+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience or equivalent
- Experience in drug discovery, clinical sample testing and clinical trials, especially in oncology is desirable
- Prior laboratory experience with molecular and genomic based assay technologies such as Nanosting, RT-PCR/ddPCR and NGS is highly preferred
- Prior experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD platform is a plus
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical
- Familiarity with keeping an electronic notebook is preferred
- Collaborative and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competency in Spotfire, Prism or similar analysis tools is preferred
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé