Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, organized and collaborative project manager to provide PM support for multiple programs within H3 discovery portfolio. She/He is expected to apply project management best practices to solve complex problems and facilitate the execution of integrated project plans and deliverables for cross-functional drug discovery teams. She/he will also join the effort in planning and organizing H3 scientific advisory board meeting and provide logistical support for other H3 discovery review meetings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with discovery project team leaders to establish project strategy, develop and maintain integrated project plans, manage meeting agenda and minutes, document meeting materials, coordinate collaborative team activities and ensure deliverables to meet project timelines/objectives
- Responsible for developing project team meeting (PTM) and core team meeting (CTM) agendas and preparing clear and accurate meeting minutes. Responsible for identifying and capturing action items and for liaising with cross-functional team members on follow-up activities and deliverables
- Support H3 discovery teams in the identification of risks and the development of mitigation strategies along with contingency options. Supports project leaders for communication to scientific leadership team.
- Support discovery teams in preparation and presentation at POC review, semi-annual scientific review and SAB meetings, etc.
- Develops and implements project management best practices. Contribute to the functional excellence of program management through improvement of processes, procedures, and tools related to program management practices
- BS/MS in a scientific or business discipline, advanced degrees are a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent is desirable.
- 5-10 years prior Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience as a pharmaceutical project management professional with experience in oncology drug development.
- 1+ years of project management experience leading drug discovery/development projects
- Excellent basic PM capabilities and skill sets (scheduling/calendar management, scientific literacy to take meeting notes, )
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills with proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization
- Solid understanding of the principles, concepts, practices and standards of pharmaceutical project management
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving
- Ability to influence and negotiate in a matrix environment to optimize development and address barriers
- Proactive risk management with ability to propose solutions and deliver appropriate mitigation plan
- Ability to communicate with impact to provide appropriate context, articulate views, drive clarity, and address barriers to progress program development
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (telephone and video conferencing, zoom, sharepoint, box, etc.)
- Ability to inspire and motivate in a matrix and global, cross-geographical team with a sense of urgency who is responsive, proactive and multitasking
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and smartsheet
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.