Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 is seeking a motivated Program Manager (PM) to join as a key member of our R&D teams. The candidate, together with the Program Leader (PL), will be responsible for planning and managing the execution of oncology drug development programs from Candidate Selection through Clinical Proof of Concept. The PM will be responsible for supporting high performing global multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on program strategy and goals. Critical to success is a thorough understanding of the drug development process and a strong ability to anticipate and navigate through challenges.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides program management to global, cross-functional teams to drive development and deliver results for early phase pipeline assets.
- Accountable to maintain the integrated program level plan, ensuring delivery of critical path activities to progress asset development.Support optimization of plans by evaluating assumptions and incorporation of new inputs as the projects progress through development
- Provide operational direction and translation of the development strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication and interface with internal governance.
- Organize completion of project team deliverables and contribute to content development, as appropriate
- Independently facilitate cross-functional team discussions and drive the team toward decisions.
- Manages the international project team (IPT) forum to ensure progress of asset development. This includes establishing meeting agendas, facilitating team discussions, and driving to clear and timely team actions and decisions.
- Create and maintain web-based program team pages and broader communication tools, as well as project tracking to senior leadership.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in science or business from an accredited college or university.Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent is desirable.
- 5-10 years prior Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience as a pharmaceutical project management professional with experience in oncology drug development.
- Solid understanding of the principles, concepts, practices and standards of pharmaceutical project management
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence and negotiate in a matrix environment to optimize development and address barriers
- Proactive risk management with ability to propose solutions and deliver appropriate mitigation plan
- Ability to communicate with impact to provide appropriate context, articulate views, drive clarity, and address barriers to progress program development
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (telephone and video conferencing, zoom, sharepoint, box, etc.)
- Ability to inspire and motivate in a matrix and global, cross-geographical team
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, environment
- Excellent organizational skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.