Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic team of scientists as a postdoc in structural biology. H3 Biomedicine is at the forefront of cancer genomics and drug discovery. Structural biology plays a prominent role in underpinning our mechanistic understanding of disease biology and empowering our drug design.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as an outstanding protein chemist with a PhD in structural biology with an emphasis in cryo-EM or x-ray crystallography.
- Assist with a range of projects in our oncology portfolio from early to late stage with numerous opportunities for publication.
- These projects include elucidating the structures of large proteins (>150 KD) and protein complexes that will provide new insights into cancer biology.
- To enable these projects, H3 has invested in a GPU workstation for in house data processing / reconstruction and has entered into relationships with both U Mass and Nanoimaging for data collection.
- The successful candidate will also be encouraged to collaborate and consult with academic advisors as needed.
- We desire an individual with attention to detail, motivation, independence, and ambition to further our mission to improve patient lives.
- Construct design
- Expression systems (E coli, insect cells, and mammalian)
- Experienced AKTA user
- Western Blots
- Cross-linking techniques
- Sample prep for Negative stain and Cryo-EM techniques
- Data processing (particle picking, 2-D classification, 3-D reconstruction, Model Building, Refinement)
- Software CCP4, CCP-EM, RELION, cisTEM, Coot, Pymol
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Nice to have: crystallization techniques (basics screening, optimization, seeding, soaking, harvesting, freezing)
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.