Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We have an opening in our Lead Discovery group for a paid Internship/Co-Op at the undergraduate or graduate level. Individuals looking to gain experience in a fast-paced biotech setting will work with engineers and scientists within a multi-million dollar automation laboratory. The successful candidate will be trained to independently function and make significant contributions across all of our oncology discovery programs. The selected candidate will have opportunities to present their results within departmental group meetings. A strong work ethic, attention to details, and soft skills such as effective communication and teamwork are highly valued.
Sample Management Intern / Co-Op
Deadline for application Friday August 20, 2021
10-12 week paid internship
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Sample Fulfillment & Assay-ready Plate Creation
- Operate and maintain automated Liquid Handlers (e.g. Hamilton Star, Tecan Evo)
- Operate and maintain Nanoliter Acoustic Dispensers (Beckman Echo, ATS100)
- Create assay-ready plates, master dose-response plates, and cherry-pick sources
- Work within LIMS system to track transfer of samples
- Sample Processing & Inventory Management
- Operate an XL-100 Liquid Handler to process new samples into inventory
- Fill requests for liquid and solid samples
- Coordinate with our Shipping group for global order fulfillment
- Participate within team for testing of new process workflows
- Supply Chain Management
- Lead resource for green initiative on lab consumables recycling program
- Responsible for monitoring inventory of workflow consumables
- Strong academic record (please provide transcript)
- Relevant lab-based coursework
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented, excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong motivation to learn more about drug discovery and cancer biology
- Preference given to candidates who have performed independent undergraduate research
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.