Location: Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (http://www-dev.h3biomedicine.com/) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
This position is designated for an undergraduate chemistry major looking to gain laboratory experience in an industrial setting. As a member of the Discovery Chemistry team, he/she will contribute to the synthesis of a unique compound library. The applicant is expected to possess good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and ability to work well in teams.
At H3 you can create great relationships, gain mentors, and enjoy a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment to help advance your career to the next level. Enjoy our perks such as free lunch and snacks every day including fresh fruit, wellness programs, massage, opportunities to volunteer, happy hours, holiday parties, paid holidays plus week-long winter shutdown, and subsidized parking or public transportation reimbursement. Your internship will be filled with meaningful experiences and endless options for learning and growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct multistep synthesis of library scaffolds with supervisor’s assistance
- Track and weigh reagents for parallel synthesis
- Assist in the parallel synthesis of compound libraries
- Characterize synthesized compounds by NMR and LCMS
- Conduct scientific literature searches using databases such as SciFinder
- Work together with other members of project team to accomplish scientific objectives
- Maintain an accurate and current record of experimental results in an electronic laboratory notebook
- Communicate research results to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in research group and project meetings
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety in compliance with the H3 safety manual
- Undergraduate chemistry major with a strong academic record.
- Must have completed two semesters of organic chemistry including laboratory coursework.
- Preference given to candidates who have performed independent undergraduate research as well.
- Familiar with standard analytical techniques (NMR, TLC, HPLC, mass spectroscopy)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with ChemDraw, Powerpoint and Excel preferred
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé