Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are seeking a creative and highly motivated individual to join our medicinal chemistry group for a post-doctoral program. The ideal candidate should have strong modern synthetic chemistry skills and is expected to obtain a Ph.D. in organic chemistry in 2021. He/she is independent and experimentally skilled with abilities to execute syntheses, and analyze and troubleshoot synthetic results. Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and synthesis of organic molecules that are applicable in medicinal chemistry
- Independently execute syntheses and characterize compounds utilizing analytical tools
- Devise methods and routes to address synthetic challenges
- Execute multi-step reaction optimization
- Discuss and communicate experimental results to supervisor and chemistry team in an appropriate, accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to manuscript preparation to publish experimental results
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with H3 safety manual, and complete required training
- Maintain an accurate and current record of experimental results in an electronic laboratory notebook
- The successful candidate will also be encouraged to collaborate and consult with academic advisors as needed
- We desire an individual with attention to detail, motivation, independence, and ambition to further our mission to improve patient lives
- PhD in organic chemistry with 0-2 years of industrial experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry reactions and mechanisms
- Strong synthetic skills in organometallic chemistry and methodology development
- Proven track record of accomplishments, as indicted by publications in the primary literature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical or experimental expertise and demonstrated ability to:
- Independently design efficient synthetic routes
- Independently execute syntheses of complex molecules
- Troubleshoot and optimize muti-step reactions based on hypotheses and reaction mechanism
- Work with minimal supervision and simultaneously balance multiple tasks
- Communicate effectively and present research results within the team
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.