Location: Cambridge MA
The Procurement Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the procurement needs of H3 Biomedicine (an Eisai Network Company). This strategic aspect includes assisting in developing and implementing strategies with H3 Biomedicine (H3) departments. Additionally, this position will assist departments by managing supplier and customer relationships, as well as providing assistance with strategies and policies with other Procurement professionals in the Eisai Network of Companies.
The Procurement Manager will collaborate with functional teams to draft, issue and manage the RFx processes and make recommendations on appropriate vendors. As a part of the RFx process, this position will review contracts and interpret contract provisions for accuracy from a business standpoint as well coordinating with the Legal function for contract review. As needed, this position will act as a liaison between vendors and H3 functional teams.
The Procurement Manager will demonstrate a continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and lead these efforts wherever possible. This process could include identifying, gathering and analyzing internal and external intelligence such as market trends, supplier capabilities, financial viability, specification data and customer requirements to optimize long-term purchasing decisions.
The Procurement Manager will provide excellent and expedient customer service as it relates to the procurement process and will develop and maintain professional relationships with both internal and external customers while aggressively driving for results.
The Procurement Manager may also be responsible for overseeing Procurement Specialists and Buyers, who are responsible for data maintenance (i.e. contracts, metrics, etc.), reporting, compliance with procurement policies, e-sourcing tools and the actual buying process. This includes pursuing training opportunities for the staff as well as for him or herself.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for transactional duties to ensure smooth procurement of goods and services, including preparing purchase requisitions, approving and issuing purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions. This position will also work with the Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
The Procurement Manager may also manage misc. corporate programs i.e., P-Card, Supplier Diversity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Procurement to Purchase activities (30%)
- Manage strategic procurement needs (20%)
- Maintain responsibility for customer base’s requirements (20%)
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to ensure payment (10%)
- Manage Procurement Specialist/Buyers activities (10%)
- Manage misc. corporate programs (10%)
- An undergraduate degree in systems, operations, sourcing, business, or other relevant degree/certification (e.g. ISM APP/CPM/CPSM) desirable.
- Minimum five to eight (5-8) years of experience in sourcing, contracting or supplier management.
- Progressive experience within procurement.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Highly skilled user of Google G suite and/or Microsoft Office suite.
- SAP Procurement experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in creating, interpreting and negotiating contracts
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong prioritization skills to manage direct reports and multiple projects simultaneously.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.