Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are looking for a trusted team player to join our growing company. As an Animal Research Technician, you get to utilize and improve upon your animal technical skills while supporting husbandry procedures. You will complete the responsibilities below using your comprehensive knowledge and detailed understanding of procedures and practices associated with in-vivo research, animal care/husbandry, and facility support. We are looking for a full time person who is positive, bright, and energetic to help our team succeed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and records daily animal health and welfare, including animal health observations and animal husbandry duties.
- Perform daily water bottle and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and cage cleaning as required.
- Maintain accurate records, including room logs, health reports, cage cards, autoclave, and other documents as required.
- Monitor and maintain facility consumables for optimal day-to-day operations.
- Comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards for working in a research animal facility.
- Ensure biosecurity controls, including cleaning/sanitation of the animal facility and equipment, environmental monitoring, and rodent health monitoring.
- Strictly follows all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
- May assist with restraint, handling, and treatment of rodents, including dosing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least three years experience in a research facility providing animal care and handling is required.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) preferred but not required
- Schedule: Weekend and holiday work will be required Thursday-Monday
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.