Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated scientific leader, who will lead the development and implementation of new science and strategies for H3’s lead targets. This PhD level scientist will join a team of scientists working towards discovery of unique anti-cancer compounds for the treatment of targeted patient populations. The candidate will be a highly creative cancer biologist with a strong desire to succeed at the highest level. This individual will lead target and drug discovery projects in a team environment and direct the activities of a research associate under their supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead drug discovery efforts toward selection of lead candidate and transition into clinical development
- Independently design, execute and interpret in vitro/in vivo pharmacology experiments to optimize compound selection and explore therapeutic potential of drug targets
- Identify pharmacodynamic assays for utility in pre-clinical and clinical setting; define PK/PD/efficacy relationships and test patient selection strategies
- Participate in target discovery efforts and evaluate new targets by applying state of the art molecular biology and genetic methodology
- Work collaboratively across multiple disciplines, including Bioinformatics and Chemistry to drive projects
- Interpret, present and report research findings at internal meeting and at external scientific conferences
- Manage and direct the activities of a research associate
- PhD or equivalent in cell/molecular biology, pharmacology or genetics
- Strong post-doc experience in Cancer Biology with ~2 years industry experience
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo pharmacology methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a record of energizing teams
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.