Location: Cambridge MA
H3 Biomedicine (H3B), the Cambridge-based precision oncology research and development subsidiary of Eisai Co., Ltd., is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. Currently, H3B has four clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development and a robust discovery pipeline of target therapies and immunotherapies for treatment of cancer.
We are seeking an independent and highly motivated scientist with Ph.D degree to join a team of scientists working toward discovering and developing novel cancer immunotherapies. The successful candidate should have a strong background in immunology or immuno-oncology. This individual will represent discovery biology function for different stages of projects, and will lead projects including cross company collaboration projects in fast-paced team environment. Additionally, this individual may direct the activities of research associates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides subject matter expertise that can contribute to program and department research strategy.
- Lead immunological investigation to understand mechanisms of immunomodulatory molecules at molecular, cellular and animal levels.
- Independently design, execute, interpret complex studies and present immunological and pharmacological study results at team, department, company and cross company levels.
- Work with other project leaders across multiple disciplines, including Informatics, Lead Discovery, Modality, DMPK, Translational Science to drive project forward from conception to IND filing.
- Maintain state-of-the-art immune biology and immune-oncology methods and technologies.
- Contribute to novel target identification and validation in the area of immuno-oncology
- Prepare mechanism-of-action and pharmacology study reports for regulatory filing.
- PhD in immunology, pharmacology or related discipline with extensive postdoctoral experience or industrial experience in immune biology, tumor immunology or translational immunology.
- Expertise knowledge in immunology and/or immuno-oncology, preferentially antigen presentation biology. Experience in RNA biology is a plus.
- Ability to conceive of, execute on, and write about cutting-edge science is essential and will be evidence as a record of publication in high quality journals.
- Ability to independently design and execute well controlled experiments to reject or further scientific hypothesis.
- Extensive hands-on experience in state-of-the-art immunological techniques and models for drug discovery and translational research.
- Experience with biologicals discovery is a strong plus.
- Identifies and implements innovation to solve complex project related problems. Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in resolving obstacles to success.
- Current knowledge of CROs/service providers who can offer skills/expertise needed as well as strengths and weakness of each.
- Team player who collaborates and communicates effectively in team environment.
- Previous line management experience is preferred, whether as direct report or within matrix.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.