Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
This position is designated for a highly motivated entry-level Ph.D. or an experienced M.S. researcher in discovery or medicinal chemistry. As a member of the discovery or medicinal chemistry team, he/she will contribute to the creation of a unique compound collection through traditional and parallel synthesis, and/or optimize hits and lead series toward a drug candidate. The applicant is expected to possess strong experimental skills, good communication skills, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to work well in teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the creation of a unique compound collection through traditional and parallel synthesis
- Optimize hits and lead series toward a drug candidate
- Use structure-activity relationships to independently design and execute the synthesis of novel molecules with high quality for biological screening
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety and comply with all H3 safety requirements
- Provide conceptual contributions toward project advancement
- Communicate and relate research results within project context
- Participate in research group, project meetings, and planning/recruitment of research staff
- Maintain an accurate and current record of experimental results in an electronic laboratory notebook
- Act as technical resource in a defined area
- Independently plan work to support team and project objectives
- Work together with other members of a project team to accomplish team objectives
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry with 0-3 years of medicinal chemistry/pharmaceutical research experience OR M.S. in Chemistry with 5+ years of medicinal chemistry/pharmaceutical research experience
- Deep understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry concepts with high lab productivity
- Good understanding of new modality concepts, such as targeted protein degradation and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs)
- Hands-on experience with the synthesis of ADC payload linkers with various MOA, ADC preparation with a variety of site-specific technologies/bio-orthogonal chemistry, and their characterization (Protein mass/HIC/SEC/AKTA purification) are highly preferred
- Candidate must be a self-motivated team player with a growth mindset
- Possess strong communication skills (both written and oral) and able to prioritize and execute on multiple duties with tight timelines.
- Experience managing CROs is preferred; strong experimental skills; an eagerness to learn
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.