Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (https://www.h3Biomedicine.com/) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine has built a strong data science team with varied scientific background, skillset and responsibilities, spanning data analytics, cancer genomics, bioinformatics, scientific data management and integration to high performance computing. The team has been fully integrated in our research and development organization as a core strength.
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist with leading expertise and diverse backgrounds to join our data science and bioinformatics team. The ideal candidate should have solid scientific, computational and statistic training, and is delivery oriented with a focus on real world impact. The candidate should also be a quick learner, extremely flexible and able to adapt to needs and new scientific advancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of drug discovery project team to proactively identify informatics opportunities, propose solutions, and support analytical needs to ensure best use of all relevant data and methodologies impacting project decisions
- Contribute to the identification and validation of novel cancer targets leveraging public/proprietary genomics data and modern data mining technologies
- Contribute to team effort in data analysis infrastructure development, including identifying or implementing fit-for-purpose tools and working with vendors to streamline the workflow in suitable computing environment
- Contribute to the development of innovative information intelligence solutions and act as bridge between end users and developers to clarify and define system requirement.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art data science and cancer genomics methods
- Proactively communicate to supervisor and key stakeholders of activities and status
- Generate patent, technical documents, external publications and presentation
- Work with external vendors to achieve business goals
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ph.D in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or biostatistics, life sciences
- 3+ years of industry experience in cancer genomics
- Expertise in computational tools for data analysis including but not limited to:
- NGS data analysis, such as RNASeq, WES, BS-Seq and single cell sequencing
- Multi-omics data analysis such as genomic alterations, transcriptome profiling, copy number profiling, and proteomics
- Large scale functional genomics screening data analysis using CRISPR/shRNA technology
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis principles and expert user of the statistical data analysis tools, such as R/Bioconductor or Python
- Ability to prototype software solutions and analytical pipelines for data analysis is required
- Proficiency in common cancer genomics / bioinformatics databases and tools is required
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with research group to understand experimental systems for the development of data analysis solutions is required
- Familiarity with machine learning methods and cloud computing is preferred
- Prior experiences with GWAS analysis or network analysis are desirable
- Must be a team player and willing to help and ask for help; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of interacting with bench scientists effectively.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.