Location: Cambridge, MA
H3 Biomedicine has built a strong data science team with varied scientific background, skillset and responsibilities, spanning data analytics, cancer genomics, bioinformatics, scientific data management and integration to high performance computing. The team has been fully integrated in our research and development organization as a core strength.
We are seeking a highly motivated computational biologist / bioinformatician with diverse backgrounds to join our data science and bioinformatics team. The ideal candidate should have solid scientific, computational and statistic training, and is delivery oriented with a focus on real world impact. The candidate should also be a quick learner, extremely flexible and able to adapt to needs and new scientific advancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the identification and validation of novel cancer targets leveraging public and proprietary cancer genomics and genetics data and work closely with target validation team.
- Represent bioinformatics discipline in drug discovery project team to provide broad range of support and ensure best use of all relevant data impacting project decisions:
- Proactively identify opportunities and propose informatics solutions.
- Independently carry out informatics analysis.
- Summarize and present scientific results with clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of innovative data management/integration and information intelligence solutions:
- Act as bridge between end users and developers to clarify and define system requirement.
- Provide bioinformatics support to ensure data quality and usability.
- Conduct data mining to extract maximal value out of information system.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art bioinformatics and cancer genomics methods.
- Proactively communicate to supervisor and key stakeholders of activities and status.
- Generate patent, technical documents, external publications and presentation.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- D in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or related field, post-doc experience in the area of oncology or onco=genomics
- Proficiency in data analysis including but not limited to:
- Next generation sequencing data, especially exome and genome sequencing
- Diverse types of omics data such as genomic alterations, transcriptome profiling, copy number profiling
- Data from large scale loss / gain of function screening experiments
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis principles and expert user of one of the statistical data analysis tools/packages, such as R/bioconductor, python, matlab, or equivalent
- Strong computer skills including basic database and software development training/experience, ability to independently manipulate large datasets in Unix/Linux environment; experience with AWS preferred
- Proficiency in common cancer genomics / bioinformatics databases and tools
- Ability to understand real world problems thoroughly and propose fit-for-purpose solutions to the right question; ability to independently design and perform diverse bioinformatics tasks to answer questions impactful for projects
- Experience with data visualization as an effective way of presenting and communicating results
- Experience and training in the area of machine learning
- Must be a team player and willing to help and ask for help; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of interacting with biologists effectively.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé