Location: Cambridge, MA
H3 Biomedicine is seeking an energetic and self-motivated scientific professional to join our Biomarkers and CDX group in a contract role for an initial time period of one year. This PhD level scientist will join a team of scientists working toward discovery of unique anti-cancer compounds for the treatment of targeted patient populations.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe primary focus will be leading and developing spatial genomics platforms for clinical stage programs. The candidate will be a highly creative cancer biologist with a strong desire to succeed along with the ability to use NanoString’s Digital Spatial Profiling Platform to discover novel insights in immuno-oncology. S/he will work with other members of the biology, bioinformatics, biomarkers, chemistry and toxicology groups on projects in our oncology pipeline. This includes work to maximize the value of the Digital Spatial Profiling approach in identifying potential biomarkers both pre-clinically and clinically to support development of H3B assets.
- 70% lab focus, 30% data analysis, scientific strategy for new assay development, engaging external partners
- Ph.D. in relevant Biomedical Science: Oncology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Pathology
- Minimum 0-2 years’ technical experience relative to the following:
- Oncology [Clinical Research; Biomarkers; Solid Tumors]
- Digital pathology, Multiplex IHC, Nanostring technologies
- Translational Research; Genomics; Pathology
- Experience assessing the tumor microenvironment and understanding of tumor-stromal biology is preferred
- Experience handling and analyzing biomarkers from clinical samples is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in areas including biological imaging &/or immunochemistry, gene expression, multiplex assays, protein biochemistry, Flow Cytometry, Next Generation Sequencing.
- Proficiency in analysis of complex data sets utilizing software such as Spotfire, SAS jmp or R is preferred
- Biostatistics & computational data analysis experience in a drug discovery environment is a plus
- Recognized team player who thrives in fast-paced environment; is an ambitious self-starter
- Tremendous scientific rigor and initiative; a cutting edge professional who asks “What’s Next?”
- Superior oral, written, and presentation communication skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé