Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine seeks an experienced, highly motivated technology professional located in Cambridge, MA to lead delivery of programs and projects in advancing the Informatics & Technology (I&T) capabilities roadmap. The H3 ecosystem is a highly focused Biopharma research landscape, and the I&T delivery programs will reflect this, requiring high familiarity with Research environment technologies and infrastructure. Guiding goals will include maximization of value from current state applications, while evolving the H3 platforms to advance against a best in class research centric capabilities roadmap that reflects the H3 ecosystem needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Subject matter expert and primary collaborator on one or more Business/Technology Domains (Core Enterprise, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Genomics, etc.).
- Leads and manages delivery of I&T Informatics programs or projects in engaging with H3 Stakeholders, I&T architects, and software and consulting delivery partners.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, and ensures effective transition to appropriate support from projects with technology and production service groups
- Responsible for creating, sustaining & coordinating the execution of standard applications, policies & processes in support of the H3 scientific community. Processes include:
- Vendor and Contract Management (MSPs and vendors)
- Training and Implementation
- Change management and communication
- Ensures transparency into activity & performance in each of the above areas
- Communicates and manages on program/project status in the I&T Portfolio & Project Management (PPM) framework.
- Develops and presents business cases, project profiles, business requirements, and other project work products
- Contributes to a community and culture of best-practice sharing for H3 I&T.
- Contributes and socializes the I&T Capabilities framework and the Enterprise roadmap
- Contributes to practices for life-cycle maintenance of in-house platforms and sustainability plans for SaaS platforms.
- Assist I&T Head in overall I&T portfolio management
- Strong project management skills; experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated informatics expertise in Research/discovery focused biopharma, with master data management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and energize teams that may consist of various disciplines (analysts, developers, other) and be made up of external and/or internal resources.
- Demonstrated verbal and written skills. Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Multicultural sensitivity and a desire to understand global / international cultures and nuances of global implementations.
- Successful track record of leading and overseeing Informatics technology programs from development to implementation
- Effective listening and the ability to take complex problems and simplify to specific programs of work.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision in complex environments
- The ability to manage client and partner expectations
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a heavily matrixed organization
- 7+ years of experience in delivery/implementation of informatics/research applications in biopharma environment
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.