Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Group Leader (Associate Director or Director level) Scientist to lead our Biochemistry and Enzymology team. The person will be responsible for implementing and directing the company’s efforts in regards to biochemical and biophysical assays and their use for target mode of action (MoA), hit finding, hit validation, compound MoA studies and medicinal chemistry profiling. The person will direct a fundamentally important core capability crucial for the company’s long term strategy and success. The ideal candidate has a high level of experience in directing innovative approaches in the area of biochemical and biophysical assays. A proven track record of supporting drug discovery teams with high quality data is required.
The Head of Biochemistry and Enzymology oversees all aspects of the group including but not limited to strategy development and planning, implementation of infrastructure and implementation, tool development and execution of individual projects. In collaboration with scientific leaders, the candidate establishes goals, directs budgets, and organizes activities of the group.
The ideal candidate must be exceedingly well organized, highly motivated (and able to motivate others), have outstanding interpersonal skills and be extremely flexible. The candidate should be recognized in the community for her/his high degree of innovation and quality of science. The candidate must also bring a high level of enthusiasm for working in a fast paced environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategy for supporting teams and projects across the company with high quality biochemical and biophysical assays.
- Design, develop, and implement both biochemical and biophysical assays suitable for the identification, characterization and optimization of compounds. These assays should elucidate the mechanism of compound action on the target and enable project teams to evaluate the compounds and develop structure-activity relationships as part of the overall hit-to-lead process.
- Generate innovative proposals and drive the implementation of new technological approaches and capabilities.
- Develops and maintains the group’s infrastructure optimal for providing high quality assays to the organization.
- Create and implement project plans, and coordinate workflow and logistics to meet project goals and milestones.
- Oversees build out and maintains expertise in state-of-the-art enzymology and biophysical methods that facilitate target ID and validation
- Provide coaching, leadership, and management to facilitate effective solutions for projects and the functional area.
- Sets scientific directions for the group and contributes to managing priorities of company’s portfolio.
- Works with leadership team to ensure strategic plans align with corporate goals and long term company plans.
- Ph.D. in Enzymology, Biochemistry, Biology, or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Enzymology or Biophysics
- Experience working in a drug discovery environment, especially in Oncology, is preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of enzymology and biophysics is required, and experience with enzyme and biophysics assay development is essential.
- Experience with compound screening formats, laboratory instrumentation and automation, data analysis and management, and a sound knowledge of the drug discovery process is highly desirable.
- Proven track record for striving for high level of innovation and scientific excellence.
- Excellent management, training and education skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of empowering world class science and energizing teams.
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé