Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead our Discovery Informatics team. This position will work closely with biology and chemistry colleagues, as well as computational biologists/chemist and IT, to develop and implement strategies for scientific data management, analyses and integration, enabling H3 discovery engine, with optimal use of internal and external resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead our discovery informatics team to provide broad range of scientific data management, integration and analysis solutions to ensure best use of all relevant data to drive decisions:
- Create strategic, long term roadmap by establishing strong business relationships and articulating technology
- Make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the business application systems across all scientific disciplines by analyzing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities
- Provides strategic oversight, technical and resource management of data solution projects and other initiatives to deliver results.
- Direct the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of R&D systems, including applications, integrations and infrastructure upgrades in conjunction with business
- Expand sustainable capabilities of the team by identifying, evaluating and working closely with external partners for innovative informatics solution to meet R&D needs
- Business integration
- Provide leadership and direction in business consulting services to key business stakeholders including systems integration best practice and process excellence principles.
- Partner with key business unit leads and key stakeholders to proactively identify and analyze business drivers to derive business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Acquisition & Deployment of R&D Solutions
- Accountable for financial aspects for projects including development and review of SOWs, purchasing, budgeting, and budget review for projects
- Directs development business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives and ensures strategic alignment with corporate strategy and objectives, business functional needs and IT strategy.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Leadership and Organizational Management
- Collaborate with head of data science to align strategy, initiatives and projects.
- Participate in data science and IT management team meetings.
- Manage and forecast budgets related to discovery informatics solutions
- Manage and lead direct reports including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and performance management. Provide daily coaching and mentoring to staff (direct reports and project teams). Identify development opportunities and align to career objectives. Highlight strengths and reward successes.
- Maintain expertise and awareness in state-of-the-art scientific, technical and business advancements;
- Keep abreast of leading vendors and service providers in this field; continue development of business partners
- Actively adopt innovative approaches to enhance team capabilities.
- BS or above degree in relevant science and engineering fields.
- Minimal seven years’ related experience, ideally in pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies
- Strong business analysis skill and experience
- A thorough familiarity of emerging technologies such as cloud computing and big data and its applicability to the R&D solution area
- Strong Experience in managing collaboration partners, external vendors a must
- technical knowledge and extensive application support experience of systems and applications within the R&D pharma and biotech domain.
- Strong understanding of applicable R&D business function including principles, practices, and procedures.
- Familiar with common LIMS, compound screen data, bioinformatics databases and tools
- Ability to understand real world problems thoroughly and propose fit-for-purpose solutions to the right problem.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of interacting with non-technical business owners as well as leadership effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé