Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA‐based H3 Biomedicine (https://www.h3Biomedicine.com/) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti‐cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real‐life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine has built a strong data science team with varied scientific background, skillset and responsibilities, spanning data analytics, cancer genomics, bioinformatics, scientific data management and integration to high performance computing. The team has been fully integrated in our research and development organization as a core strength.
H3 Biomedicine is looking for an enthusiastic, detail‐oriented, Data Engineering Co-op who will work with H3’s Biology, Chemistry, Biomarker and Data sciences groups in the development and support of informatics solutions to support scientific innovation. The Discovery Informatics (DI) group is a branch of the Data Science department responsible for management and orchestration surrounding the portfolio of H3 data management tools used by the H3 research community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement custom data management solutions within H3’s AWS cloud computing environment.
- Work as part of the H3 DI team to develop and maintain the H3 data practices, provide data curation, and ensure adherence to H3 data standards
- Develop and maintain application training documentation
- Work closely with scientists to identify gaps in informatics solutions, and find/implement innovative solutions, and data integrations from automation platforms
- Collaborate with the H3 IT group, scientists, and 3rd party software vendors in the requirements gathering, evaluation, implementation and of software solutions that impacts discovery scientists
- Pursuing Degree in the life sciences, engineering or computer science
- Linux super‐user abilities are preferred
- Proficiency with SQL and Python preferred. Proficiency in Java will be considered.
- Software development experience is a plus.
- Experience analyzing and transforming data sets in a data‐centric STEM environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub or other version control platforms is preferred.
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments is a plus (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation is required.
- Demonstrated strong Problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and within a team environment
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé