Location: Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine has built a strong data science team with varied scientific background, skillset and responsibilities, spanning data analytics, cancer genomics, bioinformatics, scientific data management and integration to high performance computing. The team has been fully integrated in our research and development organization as a core strength. H3 Biomedicine is looking for an accomplished, discovery-focused, Data Engineer who will work with H3 Biology, Chemistry, Biomarker and Data sciences group in the development and support of out of the box and customized informatics solutions to support scientific innovation, through workflows optimization, data capture strategies, implementation and integration of a broad range of methods and platforms. The data engineer will be responsible for ensuring current applications are configured and have usable templates for internal and external data capture; for the day-to-day operation and training in scientific data applications across the research groups.
Keys to success include the ability to communicate with scientists and across organization; good understanding of requirements gathering in the R&D space; design, implementation, support, and maintenance (upgrade, migration, bug fixes) of scientific applications and systems. The engineer will be also responsible of managing
relationships with vendors, consultants and collaborators, should have excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a strong understanding of disciplines related to drug discovery and/or development. Additional scientific expertise such as bioinformatics or cheminformatics would be an advantage.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- - Work as part of the H3 Discovery Informatics (DI) team to develop and maintain strategies for application deployment and scientific data management practices
- - Provide and coordinate day to day support of research applications including training, ongoing account administration, and managing issue resolution with vendors
- - Develop and maintain the H3 data practices, provide data curation oversight, and ensure adherence to H3 data standards
- - Develop and maintain application training documentation
- - Work closely with scientists to identify gaps in informatics solutions, and find/implement innovative solutions, and data integrations from automation platforms
- - Collaborate with the H3 IT group, scientists, and 3rd party software vendors in the requirements gathering, evaluation, implementation and upgrade of software that impacts discovery scientists
- - Develop and execute test plans, record results, and prioritize bugs and fixes for configurations and applications
- - Collaborate with H3 IT in following best practices for AWS and on-premise application install, support and maintenance
- - Degree in the life sciences, engineering or computer science with a demonstrated understanding of biological and assay execution workflows, ideally with hands-on laboratory experience, ideally in drug development or early clinical phase in a biopharma environment
- - 6+ years of experience supporting research informatics systems at the admin and systems admin level; preferred experience with scientific LIMS preferably IDBS E-Workbook, Perkin-Elmer ELN, and data analysis tool Certara D360.
- - Conversant with assays in a range of formats including biochemical inhibition and activation, cellular and phenotypic screening, in-well kinetic, and ranging from manual to fully-automated HTS
- - SQL and software development experience; experience with AWS preferred
- - Ability to transform and analyze large datasets in Unix/Linux environment through a variety of methods and comfort with basic scripting to support data transformation prototyping, implement application-level scripts
- · Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation, and to generate internal process and training documentation.
- - Strong customer service, Problem solving and communication skills
- - Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced research organization
- - Effective working both independently and within a team environment
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé