Location: Cambridge MA
Job Code: https://eisai.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/h3biomedicine/job/Massachusetts-Cambridge/Director-Sr-Director-Business-Development_R1098
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (H3B) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3B’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3B is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3B embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
The Director/Sr. Director, Business Development is responsible for leading and managing company in-licensing and out-licensing initiatives, with an emphasis on licensing of H3 Biomedicine assets (pre-clinical and clinical stage) to other companies. The incumbent works in conjunction with the senior management team to pro-actively search, identify, assess and champion appropriate strategic opportunities. She/he is responsible for full management of outreach and assessment from broad outreach sourcing (i.e., networking scientific and partnering conferences, specialty and large pharmaceutical companies, investment communities, etc.) and leading/managing due diligence to successful completion of business terms and licensing (conducted in collaboration with corporate strategy team).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and executing all aspects of appropriate business development initiatives with an emphasis on out-licensing and technology-based partnerships including, not limited to: lead generation and sourcing, identifying and engaging with key decision makers, ensuring/conducting due diligence and successfully closing transactions in collaboration with Corporate Strategy team.
- Assess competitive landscape, form strategies on both internal and external targets and project potential peak sales for those assets accordingly, outline the strategic alternatives available to the organization, including a focus on new market opportunities, current and new lines of business and other strategic initiatives and succinctly present these findings and recommendations to senior management
- Support Oncology Business Group (OBG) and Corporate Strategy function to prioritize and close key deals of strategic and/or financial significance for H3/Eisai;
- Assist with lead and direct deal structuring, term sheet and contract development, terms and deal negotiation, and deal execution;
- Contribute to team and International Project Team (IPT) efforts to screen, evaluate, and prioritize external opportunities for collaborations, partnerships, in-licensing, etc.;
- Lead executed deal handover, including post-mortem analysis and formal meeting, to transition each deal to business owners project and alliance management as needed;
- Establish relationships and trust while collaborating across all levels of the organization. Present opportunities and make recommendations to executive management;
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide array of industry participants including management teams of biotech companies, venture capitalists, academic institutions, and investigators, and investment bankers;
- Represent company at industry, investor, and partnering conferences
QualificationsBachelors in business or scientific discipline AND minimum of 8 years experience in business development, alliance management, and/or corporate strategy in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry in positions of increasing technical and strategic responsibility OR comparable experience working for a consulting firm, investment bank, or venture capital firm with a strong and primary focus on the pharmaceutical or biotech industries OR a combination of the above.
- Demonstrated record of success in business development in a highly success driven organization
- Hands-on experience successfully evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing a variety of large and complex licensing and/or partnership transactions
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical product lifecycle management including drug development and delivery process, and FDA regulations.
- Proven success in utilizing expert networks to conduct due diligence and create commercial assessments
- Proven ability to develop and present strategic plans to Executive Leadership
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.