Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (http://www-dev.h3biomedicine.com/) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
The Intern, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology Science contributes scientific and technical expertise to an interdisciplinary team focused on making large-scale clinical impact through advanced analysis and science. The Intern identifies biomarkers in tumor DNA and RNA, collaborates with other scientific teams to enrich analysis, and contributes other projects as needed. The successful candidate is expected to possess excellent communication skills, a genuine eagerness to learn and a proven ability to work well in teams as S/he will have the chance to interact and collaborate cross-functionally with scientists in different departments including biology, chemistry, and biochemistry. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in an oncology setting and work in precision medicine.
H3 is a place where you can create great relationships, gain mentors, and enjoy a fast-paced highly collaborative environment to advance your career to the next level. Enjoy perks like free lunch and snacks every day including fresh fruit; wellness programs; massage; opportunities to volunteer; happy hours; holiday parties; paid holidays plus week-long winter shutdown; and subsidized parking or public transportation reimbursement. H3 internships offer meaningful experiences as well as endless options for learning and growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with routine operation of our sequencing bioinformatic analysis pipeline; help create and optimize new bioinformatics pipelines
- Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of data for the development and validation of methods.
- Contribute to methods and algorithms to identify alterations and biomarkers in tumor DNA sequencing and RNA sequencing data derived from clinical cancer specimens.
- Develop novel R scripts and R shiny applications to further analyze and visualize tumor data
- Monitor sequencing data quality and create quality summaries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform analysis of experimental data sets and present results to the lab team
- Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Work independently and prepare deliverables and project schedules.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; an urge to excel and achieve results
- Assist with data management and organization
- Help write and test data-related protocols and SOPs
- Bachelor's Degree in biology, computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related field.
- Currently pursuing Master's degree or PhD in biology, computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or related field.
- Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics.
- Demonstrated instances of relevant independent study or projects.
- Prior experience with next-generation sequencing data.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills demonstrated through a portfolio of graduate study related work, and/or activities.
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment.
- Proficient with programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, or R).
- Experience analyzing DNA or RNA sequencing data
- Broad experience within genetics, molecular biology or very closely related subjects
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to reflect H3B’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé