Location: Cambridge MA
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (https://www.h3Biomedicine.com/) is a leading company in cancer genomics based drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3’s robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with four clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine seeks a highly experienced and motivated individual to provide leadership for one or more programs within H3 clinical portfolio. The CPTL will be responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of H3 Biomedicine clinical development programs. This individual will provide a sufficient degree of organizational experience and expertise to lead matrix-based cross-functional development program team. The CPTL will make clear and well-supported decisions for program issues, identify resource needs, effectively manage intra-program conflict, coach and mentor team members when appropriate. CPTL will also be accountable for efficient program progression, reporting to management and other stakeholders, internal and external program communication, maintenance of budget and delivery of milestones in alignment with the development plans and overall corporate objectives.
This role reports directly to the VP Clinical Development at H3 Biomedicine. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience in early clinical development. This individual should be a strategic thinker with a track record of moving clinical projects successfully from discovery to POC. This individual will be driven to succeed within a hypothesis-driven, team-oriented, and multi-disciplinary biotech environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for development program objectives, plans, decisions and deliverables to meet those goals.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for assigned programs in accordance with the H3 Biomedicine’s development strategy.
- Responsible for creating development strategies and its execution for assigned programs in timely and effective manner in the fast-changing oncology clinical development environment. (This will entail working closely with core team members, functional leads, and other H3/Eisai colleagues to collaborate and ensure their buy-in and knowledge-sharing in establishing and implementing the development strategy for assigned programs.)
- Provides regular reports and updates to H3 senior management to keep them informed.
- Ensures high performance team effectiveness.
- Proactively manages communication and build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally, including leading interactions with academic thought leaders, investigators, cooperative groups, and other clinical stakeholders.
- D., M.D., Pharm.D., or MBA
- Demonstrated clinical development leadership as evidenced by strong track record of driving multiple successful project advancements.
- Demonstrable expertise relating to all aspects of the drug development process and the ability to identify and resolve complex issues related to programs.
- Preference is for extensive working knowledge of oncology clinical landscape, regulatory guidance, and flexible resourcing models.
- Proven ability to manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision criteria.
- Experience in interacting with relevant functions that are integral to successful clinical program advancements.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to motivate and lead successful cross functional teams with a history of developing a culture of teamwork, collaboration, transparency, and effective communication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.