Location: Cambridge, MA
H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated bioconjugation chemistry specialist to join our research team located at Kendall sq Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate is an organic chemist with a strong background in bioconjugation, small molecule synthesis and protein analytics. A candidate with a strong interest in small molecule library development would be a plus. The individual is primarily tasked in lead optimization of antibody-drug conjugates. The candidate will have opportunities to contribute to various stages of drug discovery programs within our ADC and small molecule drug discovery portfolio. The individual is primarily tasked in lead optimization of antibody-drug conjugates and will get to contribute to various stages of drug discovery programs. This position will reside within the Chemistry department at H3 and will report to a Director of Chemistry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and optimize antibody drug conjugations using established and newly developed techniques, and purify conjugates by a variety of methods (FPLC, TFF) on small and large scale (5-500 mgs) for in-vitro and in-vivo experiments.
- Quantitatively analyze antibody drug conjugates using methods such as UV/Vis techniques, HPLC techniques, and mass-spectrometric analysis.
- Contribute to lead optimization of anti-drug conjugates
- Maintain awareness of the latest advances in the ADC field
- Contribute to novel technology in the ADC field, including new conjugation methods, new payloads with highly novel MOA, and new cell targeting agents
- Prepare written and oral reports and presentations, contribute to a shared laboratory environment, and work on multifunctional/multidisciplinary teams within a dynamic research organization
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with all H3 safety requirements
- MS/Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry with at least 5 years of experience working in pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting as a bioconjugation chemist
- Candidate should have extensive hands-on experience with protein biochemistry, and be accomplished in related quantitative analytical methods for small molecules and biologics
- Deep experience in bioconjugation using a variety of site-specific technologies and bioorthogonal chemistry is required
- Candidate must be able to work independently, learn and troubleshoot new techniques, and be willing to help build out the bioconjugation facility to support larger scale synthesis
- Candidate willing to support small molecule library efforts by working with a team of medicinal chemists, analytical, informatics, and automation scientists is desired
- Candidate must be a self-motivated team player, possess strong communication skills, and able to prioritize and execute on multiple duties with tight timelines
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé