Location: Cambridge, MA
H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics. We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and technically skilled analytical chemist in our research team located in Cambridge, MA. You will be part of the medicinal chemistry team supporting chemistry as well as automation team and external (CRO) partners.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesIdeally the candidate can demonstrate relevant industry experience and success in all aspect of modern chromatography methodologies.
- Operate and maintain analytical instrumentation, including HPLC/UPLC, LC-MS, and understand the underlying principles of chromatographic separations
- Perform high througput physical chemical and QC analysis
- Support chromatographic purification
- Assist in developing methods to improve existing techniques
- Maintain open access UPLC and HPLC systems
- Work collaboratively with other discovery team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
- Use creative problem-solving skills to troubleshoot experimental challenges
- Provide general laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance, preparation of reagents, and ordering/receiving of lab supplies
- Stay up to date with scientific and technical development within the field of analytical chemistry
- B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, or 3+ years industry experience working in an analytical chemistry laboratory
- Must have a strong understanding of chromatographic separation principles, knowledge of organic chemistry is ideal
- In-depth experience and demonstrated success in analytical techniques such as UPLC and HPLC is highly preferred
- Knowledge in other modern chromatography methodologies is favorable
- Expertise in data analysis/interpretation and chromatographic instrumentation, data management, as well as ELN software are essential.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills required to collaborate well with medicinal chemists, and automation engineers
- Experience with Waters Masslynx and Agilent Open labs , or similar chromatography data systems
- Hands on experience troubleshooting analytical equipment
- Detail-oriented and high quality data driven
- Individual must be self-motivated, well-organized, reliable, and able to prioritize workload.
- Conduct activities in compliance with safety, waste disposal and other regulatory guidelines.
- Experience Basic laboratory skills including preparing solvents, standards, and buffer solutions
- Strong PC skills and Working knowledge of MS Office
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.Submit Your Résumé